Paycheck lawyer is a experienced: Chicago, Aurora, Rockford, Naperville, Joliet, Springfield, Peoria, Elgin, Waukegan, Cicero, Decatur, Champaign,Evanston, Arlington Heights, or Schaumburg, overtime lawyer.
A Chicago overtime lawyer will file and unpaid overtime claim against your employer to recover your unpaid wages and overtime.
In Illinois, most hourly employees are required to receive 1 ½ times their regular wages for any time worked over 40 hours in a work week. Employers that do not pay overtime wages or try to move hours to another pay week to avoid paying overtime are breaking the law.
In Illinois an employer who is found to have violated the Wage Payment and Collection Act is liable not only for the amount of any unpaid wages or final compensation owed to you but also for damages equal to 2% of the underpayment, per month (calculated from the date of the underpayment) for each month during which wages or final compensation remain unpaid. Damages are payable to you and continue to accrue, without limitation, until the amount found owing is paid.
How Does A Chicago Employer Cheat Workers Out Of Overtime Pay?
1. They will Claim that because you are paid a salary, you are not entitled to overtime pay
2. They may fail to count all the time you worked in computing overtime pay. They may not include travel time between jobs or time spent performing pre-shift or post-shift duties. They may require you to work off the clock.
3. They may use time clocks that “round down” time in 15 minute increments.
4. They may give you an important sounding titles such as “assistant manager” in order to claim that you are exempt from overtime. You actually perform the same work as the employees that you supervise.
5. They may pay you cash at their straight-time hourly rate for all hours worked over 40.
If you feel you have been cheated out of your overtime pay contact Illinois Paycheck Lawyer today.