Are There Laws To Protect Me If I Have Unpaid Wages?

You Are Entitled To Your Back Pay By Law

You are entitled To Your Commissions

You Are Entitled To Your Last Paycheck

You Are Entitled To The Minimum Wage

You Are Entitled To Your Overtime Pay

Your Are Entitled To Your Back Pay

The Law Is On Your Side

Speak To An Unpaid Wages Lawyer Now

Did you know that a  common remedy for wage violations is a court  order that the employer make up the difference between what the employee was paid and the amount he or she should have been paid. The amount of this sum is often referred to as “back pay.” Your lawyer will make sure that  back wages are ordered in cases under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) on the various federal contract labor statutes.

The FLSA provides for  the recovery of  unpaid minimum or overtime wages.

(1) The Wage and Hour Division may supervise payment of back wages.

(2) The Secretary of Labor may bring suit for back wages and an equal amount as liquidated damages.

(3) An employee may file a private suit for back pay and an equal amount as liquidated damages, plus attorney’s fees and court costs.

(4) The Secretary of Labor may obtain an injunction to restrain any person from violating the FLSA, including the unlawful withholding of proper minimum wage and overtime pay.

 Can I Sue My Employer For Unpaid Wages?

A two-year statute of limitations applies to the recovery of back pay.

In the case of willful violations, a three-year statute of limitations applies.

Speak to a lawyer. You may be able to sue for back wages.

Get Help In:

Daytona FL; Fort Myers FL; Ft Lauderdale FL; Gainesville FL; Jacksonville FL; Keys FL; Lakeland FL; Miami FL; Ocala FL; Orlando FL; Panama City FL; Pensacola FL; Sarasota FL; Space Coast FL; St. Augustine FL; Tallahassee FL; Tampa FL; Treasure Coast FL; West Palm Beach FL; Albany GA; Athens GA; Atlanta GA; Augusta GA; Brunswick GA; Columbus GA; Macon GA; Northwest GA GA; Savannah GA; Statesboro GA; Valdosta GA; ; IL; Carbondale IL; Chambana IL; Chicago IL; Decatur IL; La Salle County IL; Mattoon IL; Peoria IL; Rockford IL; Springfield IL; Western IL